Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bike Forest Pirate Cove

Last night I was staying with K at her place up north. It was a cabin by a lake right next to some woods. I had been camping at Patrick's Point and needed to get back there. She said I could take her bike. Alls I had to do was ride through a wooded road, take a right up a bumpy trail, and follow the ocean to the campground. Once I got past the bumpy uphill trail, a beautiful view of the ocean opened up and a shoreline of shiny large pebbles shone. I rode the bike along moist sands, trying to get the hang of the steering. As I arrived at Agate Beach, the beach at Patrick's Point, I felt really happy to be out there in nature. Next, I was headed back along the trail and ran into my sister and her baby. I had the stroller and was steering the stroller along the bumpy dirt path. Another woman was there with her stroller too. We stopped at a lookout area that was supposed to be romantic. Suddenly the area had a sign that mentioned that this area was an old pirate's cove. We took some stairs down to a lower lookout and it became a tourist spot. There were pirate decorations and maps as to where the sunken ships were. I could see two shipwrecks in the water, but they had been painted and restored and were not as ancient as I had hoped. The rocks in the cove were huge and the ocean was so cold and misty. I took the baby down an escalator to a viewing area on the beach that had hotdog stands and little tourist rides that took you around the pirate area and into caves. We just sorta stood there and looked at the pirate environment and ships. We were planning on taking one of the tours. My nephew seemed confused but excited. Then I woke up.

No comments: