Sunday, June 8, 2008

Agate Beach and Alien Housey

I dreamed I was at Agate Beach, the beach I grew up at every summer with my family. It's long steep trail down the the beach was always lined with lush trees and ferns, and spat you out at an isolated pristine shoreline. In the dream, the trail had been replaced by a monstrous structure containing escalators and flourescent lights. At the beach there were new bathrooms that were never there before, as well as a road leading up to the old parking lot. If all that wasn't bad enough, some rich people had managed to settle some condos at the beachfront, and some hoopty ghetto kids had used the road to bring their cars out and screech around. It was a nightmare. I told my mom about what had happened to our favorite place on Earth and we both cried. I decided to move away. I got a place with a girl I barely knew. The place was very old and charming, yet my room totally sucked. At first glance it was gorgeous, with a tree branch hovering above my bed through a huge skylight ceiling and a fireplace. However, one of the walls was simply a plastic tarp and the floors wobbled like a waterbed. It was terrible. There was no way I could live there. I explored the house and found a gigantic old antique warehouse type space attached to our house. We could play music there or renovate it into living space! There were two antique pianos there. One played by itself, which I supposed meant it was haunted. Still, the space had potential. Then I was living in another apartment, a bit more disheveled and small. I came home to it one day after school and there were a bunch of people inside who I didn't know. I sat down next to a baby that seemed to be missing a mother. I held it and decided to adopt it. It looked a little sick after awhile and when I laid him down a pink worm crawled out of his ear. It transformed into a vicious lizard alien monster whom I had to chase down and attempt to destroy. It was hard though because he was quick and tricky. I left the house for a bit to regroup, and when I came back a girl who was in the house stomped on the thing and killed it. It was a good thing, cause it was about to duplicate itself. At that point, that same girl decided that she and a guy would grant everyone in the house one wish. One guy wanted a lap dance from her, which I thought was silly. A few people made stupid requests like that, but I decided I would ask for Agate Beach to be restored to its beautiful state.

No comments: