Thursday, June 26, 2008

Maze with Many Doors

I entered into a dark building that was an indoor maze made of particle board walls.  The interior was black and could only be seen when a flashlight was shined upon it.  Inside there were many paths that lead to many doors.  Each door lead to either a destination or another maze which would eventually lead to a destination.  The first door I opened revealed a sandy cavern that opened up into a cave mouth where ocean waves were slowly crashing upon.  I could feel the cool sea air and the moisture in the sand upon my feet.  The next windy path lead to another door where I entered a small courtyard where people were eating lunch on a patio.  Next was a staircase leading to a black couple's art studio.  They looked at me so oddly when I appeared.  I told them I had the wrong door and didn't mean to intrude on their space.  Next was a door that opened up their studio into a large warehouse where numerous artists were working.  Like a rat I wound around, trying to memorize the way I came so that I could get back to different doors if I wished.  I went through a door that lead to a large store where wood, pots, and shiny shiny plants were sold by an old stony man.  It was in some busy chinatown/fillmorey street.  I went back to the maze and came across a door that opened up into a private school courtyard where girls in uniforms were walking around.  I was lead by some random person into another ply wood door that dumped me into a basement space where tons of old items had been left by the many travelers of this maze of pathways.  Clothing, toys, furnitures, games, sculptures--everything was heaped about and I bumped into a traveler going out the opposite direction.  She told me it was a good doorway that she always tries to get to.  I came with through a door that lead to a large, green wallpapered hall with plum carpets.  Lou Reed was there playing guitar with shades on and there were cool rock band paintings on the wall.  The girl said that every time you go through there there are new pieces of art up and a new musician.  I couldn't remember the paths I had taken to get there, but I was glad to be there and I was sure I'd find it again somehow.  We went past an office with all the maze workers, and then I went through another door that caused me to wake up and realize it was 7 AM and my alarm was going off!  

No comments: