Friday, August 1, 2008

Hawaii and a Place For Broken Animals

I was in Hawaii.  Kauai, to be exact.  We were strolling around the island and saw a massive glacier-size lava flow falling into the ocean in massive chunks, sending steam and heat out into the atmosphere.  We went to a farm on the island where old, injured, rejected, broken animals were given care and a second chance at life.  When I entered the farm two giant tigers came up to me and licked my face and put their giant paws on my shoulders.  I was slightly alarmed, but I could tell they were gentle.  I strolled around the site and encountered three monkeys laying in a tub.  One was crystalline, the other two were fleshy.  One monkey really liked me and let me hold him.  I walked around with him in my arms and he purred.  He was so happy to have attention and affection.  Next I found a large area filled with hay and soil where dogs and cats lived.  There was an area for old greyhounds with broken legs.  There was also an area where cats played, sat, and lounged.  I found a nice cat named Daniel who was grey, white, and very fat.  We got along well and he loved to snuggle.  I wanted to take him home with me, but saw no means to make that happen.  My mom was there and adopted a white cat.  I begged her to take Daniel but she couldn't.  I left a nice note with the workers about Daniel and told them to give it to whoever came along looking for a nice cat.  Daniel was 10, so I was hoping it would happen soon.  There were lots of dogs to play with, but Daniel was the animal that really stuck with me. 

No comments: