Thursday, June 12, 2008

Geckos, Dolphins, and Mermaids

I dreamed I had a box of sand filled with baby geckos and lizards. I held the gecko and it was so sweet and cuddly. It really liked me and it was my favorite of the bunch. When I tried to put it back in the box, it slipped out of my hand and slithered into the basement. I thought it was lost forever, but miraculously it came back. When I went back to the box, the entire box was empty and I knew they had all gone to the basement. In the basement, I peeeked and saw a black cat, my cat, a gray rat, and a white rat which tried to get out without success. No sign of my gecko down there, which I assumed meant it was gone for good, or eaten by the rats or cats. It is believed that the basement represents the subconscious and that geckos are perception/power of observation. I wonder if this dream is suggesting that my perception is lost in my subconscious? Next, I was on a bus touring around with a bunch of friends, including Hilary, Carson and his new girlfriend Theresa. It was awkward cause I wanted to hang out with him because he's my friend but the new lady kept on being there and it was annoying. On the bus, we drove and drove, switching seats and talking. While I was annoyed, I still had fun traveling around. We went to a place with a giant body of crystal clear water. I went swimming and a dolphin showed up. It was the cheeriest dolphin I had ever seen and was so friendly! We swam with the dolphin of magic and it was so much fun and so positive. It even let us take a ride on his back by holding on to his dorsal fin. His skin was so soft and silky. Afterwards, we were all lined around the water and people were handing out awards and money. I didn't get all the money I was supposed to get, but I guess it was fair because my group didn't have money to give either. Either way, we got awards and the dolphin delivered them all. Next, we were on a trek in the water with water people and mermaids. We followed after them through beautiful magical waters and at one point a powerful mermaid popped up from a kelp forest underwater and shared a gaze with us. They lead us to their sacred home where as soon as they got there they cuddled in pairs (men and women, women and women, men and men) in shell-shaped sofas that made a weird twisty sound and wrapped them furiously with silken linen until they relaxed and fell asleep. We realized it was an sex contraption that instantly provided pleasure so that the creatures could sleep. While at first we were a bit timid to try it, the mermaids beckoned us so we obliged. Carson and his woman hopped in, some other couples hopped in, and I was left alone for a moment so I hopped in by myself. It was really weird and didn't really work, but a mermaid looked at me and shook her head as if the sofas were not meant to be slept in a lone. A girl quickly joined me and the mermaids smiled as if all was how it was supposed to be in their world. After we all slept and relaxed in the sofas, the mermaids woke up and said it was time for the next adventure.

No comments: