Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sea Lion Babies and Shower Genies

I was friends with the Spice Girls. I met up with them at a rehearsal and saw them perform. They were great, I remember thinking...although I cannot recall what they sounded like. Next thing I know, I was on my way to have coffee with an ex-boyfriend, when I got side-tracked and checked out an old furniture store. Once inside, I found the mecca of vintage lamps and dressers. There were almost too many to choose from! Claire was there, she was scoping out the goods long before I got there. I wandered around and browsed at all the rare books and records just packed into the place. The store seemed to go on forever and ever. In the way back of the place there was a giant room filled with marine life pools and labratories. There were giant vats of "starter life," which included salt water with tiny fish and microscopic organisms. All you had to do was mix the starter life with handfuls of creatures and bacterias from various tubs nearby. My mom was there. She had mixed a handful of squirming worms, centipedes, and corn into hers. It grew into a crazy mixture of life. When she added the mixture to my starter life, the creatures ate everything and there was nothing left, not even water! So I made another batch without all the worms and stuff and after awhile some pretty little fishes developed. And suddenly tons and tons of seals and sea lions emerged! They were my babies, kinda. They wanted to suckle. I almost offered them my breast, but then someone handed me a fake nipple and they went at it. One was the biggest and it really liked me. I left for a bit and when I returned I saw that their tank was low on water, so I had to keep filling it up. I left again and when I came back the tank was broken. Some had died without the water. But some survived. I quickly transported the survivors to a large tank with small fish to eat and they were happy. Next I was in a great hall, still part of the same building, with tons of women. They were all there to be massaged until they had orgasms. Angelic women in white tunics would call their name, one by one, and whisk them away into a room and they would be massaged. One girl's was over very quickly, another's took a while. Some men were there, and they were whisked away too! One woman was there with a pregnant belly, but when I got closer I saw that it was an intertube with water inside that contained some of my seals and sea lion babies. I thought it was strange, but I shrugged and told her to put the oldest one in its own tank. The lady wasn't ready to take it out of her intertube. Oh well, I thought. There were five lines of people in the room, separate from the people about to be massaged. They were all waiting to see something that looked like a shower head. You could ask it for something, anything, like a genie in a bottle, and it would grant it to you. A small woman I knew was unhappy in her marriage because her husband was a drag queen, but they still liked each other. I went with her to the shower head, like she was a child, and I helped her ask the thing if she could please meet someone new but still keep a relationship with her drag queen husband. A shower of water sprayed on her and that's how we know it was granted. A minute later she bumped into some guy and they instantly hit it off and left the place together. Wow, I thought and was happy for her. Then I sat back down and watched the intertube lady. Then I woke up.

No comments: